Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Mascarpone Cheese

Once, I made this to impress a girl. I already knew she liked bacon, plus I had an upcoming occasion that I was looking to surprise her for. Then, she let slip that bacon-wrapped dates dipped in mascarpone cheese was one of her favorite guilty-pleasures. Soon, a plan materialized...

I looked online and found this recipe on cooksrecipes.com. I was amazed at how simple and fast it was to make something so decadent. I placed the finished bacon-wrapped dates between layers of paper towel inside a Tupperware container. In another Tupperware container, I placed a small tub of mascarpone cheese on ice. I labeled and wrapped the containers and wrote a sweet little card. In the end, she was impressed.

--12 slices of Thick-cut Smoky Bacon (get the good stuff!)
--24 Pitted Dates
--Toothpicks
--Paper Towels
--1 tub of Mascarpone Cheese

Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise. Place all the slices on top of some paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with another paper towel and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Wrap each of the partially-cooked bacon slices around a date (Careful! Hot! Hot!) and secure with a toothpick. Place the bacon-wrapped dates on some clean paper towels on a microwave-safe plate, cover with another paper towel, and zap for on high for another 2 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature with the mascarpone cheese for dipping.

No comments: