Thursday, March 26, 2020

Roasted Grapes


We are staying at home because of the coronavirus outbreak. Since we are depending on a younger family member for grocery shopping we don't want to waste any food.

Because tired old grapes can't be fed to dogs, cats, or chickens, I googled "what to do with shriveled grapes" and found recipes for roasted grapes. They are delicious, as you can see from the crowd that gathered while I tried them for the first time. (Of course, dogs and cats may NOT eat grapes, but they wanted to convince me otherwise).

No more wasted grapes! 

Directions:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Wash and dry grapes; remove all stems. Toss them with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet.

Roast for 35 minutes or so, stirring two or three times.

Cool and serve. I had mine on toast that was spread with cream cheese. Next time I might try peanut butter, which is also recommended.

No comments: