Monday, April 4, 2011

Roasted Vegetables

Ready to go into the oven


Scrub, peel (if necessary), and slice thinly:

Sweet potatoes
Onions (any kind: red, white, yellow, or green--or a combination)
Sweet red, green, yellow, and/or orange peppers
Carrots

You can also add any kind of root vegetable, like turnips

Place all in a large pyrex dish. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with thyme and fresh ground pepper.

Roast at 400 F. for at least an hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so. Check to see if vegetables are tender. If they still need more roasting and are getting too brown, cover the pan with aluminum foil. At our altitude (3900 feet) I roast them for a total of an hour and a half.

2 comments:

Sandy ~~~ said...

Got to try it! Yum!

Pat said...

This looks so simple and delicious. I must try it some time.

I think I've mentioned this before, that my son, Ben C. VanderBeek, has a similar name to your son. So my Ben's initials could be BCVdB. He also likes to cook for his family.