Monday, October 13, 2008

The Best Sourdough Bread Ever

For years, making sourdough starter and bread was on my mental list of things to do. I thought it would be too hard until I visited Judy's wonderful cooking blog, Recipes from a Southern Country Cook. I hope that you will go to visit Judy's blog. Here is where you'll find her recipe for sourdough starter and for delicious sourdough bread. At first I was worried about getting the timing down--the starter needs a little attention every five days or so. It works just great for me, but then, I'm retired. Even if you don't have the time for it right now, make a note of the recipe. You'll be glad you did as we enter these difficult economic times. Once you have your starter made, you won't have to buy any more yeast, and that is a big savings. I am experimenting with using the starter in a variety of recipes, so I will refer back to it again. 

No comments: