- This recipe came from the Bon Appetit Magazine Millennium Special, Sept. 1999. It's a fairly quick dish to make.
- 8 ounces thin dried Asian noodles or linguine
- 4 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons bottled teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green or red onions
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain; return noodles to same pot. Mix in 1 tablespoon oil and peanuts.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir 10 seconds. Add teriyaki sauce, lime juice and chili sauce; simmer 30 seconds. Mix sauce and onions into noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.