1. Blueberries: Blueberries top the list as one of the most powerful disease-fighting foods. That's because they contain anthocyanins, the antioxidant responsible for their dark blue color. [Blueberries] are packed with fiber, vitamin C.
2. Salmon: A great source of protein and is also packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. The American Heart Association advises eating salmon and other omega-3 rich foods twice a week for benefits that go beyond heart health.
3. Soy Protein: Fiber, vitamins, and minerals -- all the ingredients for a heart-healthy meal. Also, a diet rich in soy protein can lower triglycerides, which help prevent cardiovascular disease and keep your heart strong and healthy.
4. Oatmeal: Vitamins, minerals, and cholesterol-lowering fiber.
5. Spinach: Multiple phytochemicals, vitamins, and minerals.
To read the entire article and for recipe suggestions for these foods, click on the link above.