Friday, June 5, 2009

Pan-Fried Chicken Strips

I started a flip-through of my old paperback copy of The Frugal Gourmet by Jeff Smith, looking for a bunch of the old recipes that I wanted to post. I came across this recipe with an "ohhh yeah!" Looking it over, I realized that I've approximated this very recipe many times since without even knowing it. I think I must have just absorbed this recipe from the smells in my mom's kitchen. Long ago, these ingredients encoded themselves into my brain as flavors that go together naturally.

--2 tbsp Olive Oil
--2 lbs Chicken Breasts, skinned, boned and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
--2 cloves Garlic, crushed
--6 Green Onions, chopped
--4 tbsp Marsala Wine
--2 tbsp Lemon Juice
--Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Heat a large frying pan. Add the oil, chicken, garlic and green onions. Saute over high heat until the chicken is brown and tender. Remove from the pan. Add the Marsala and lemon juice and allow the liquid to reduce for a moment. Return the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper.

No comments: