Monday, May 18, 2009

Carrot Raisin Cole Slaw

Try as I might, it's been impossible to get recipes from my step-mother Marj. My phone won't call her home in the Netherlands, so verbal communication is out. She's somewhat of a technophobe, so communication via email won't work. No matter how many times I ask, I can't get her to give me one dang recipe. I'm beginning to think that she doesn't want to reveal any of her secrets. For years I've been wanting to make her cole slaw. It holds a high place in my heart's stomach. So I cheated and found an online approximation on eHow.com:

--1/2 cup Raisins
--4 Carrots, coarsely grated
--1/2 head of Cabbage, coarsely grated
--Did Marj use grated Celery too? I dunno...
--1/2 cup Mayonaisse (I think Marj actually used Miracle Whip, which is different)
--Juice from half a Lemon
--Salt and Pepper to taste

In mixing bowl combine carrots, raisins, cabbage, and mayonnaise. Then add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix throughly and refrigerate for an hour before serving.

No comments: