Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Limeade

Since I'm on an outdoorsy summer kick, let me refresh you with a tall glass of cold limeade. Marsha makes this and this recipe comes from her. She likes limeade more on the tart side. I do too. The mint is my addition.

Now if I only had a recipe for the type of Iced Tea that has to sit out in the sun all day before you can drink it...anyone?

--A "shit-ton" of Limes (12-15, I'd guess)
--1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
--Water
--About a tray and a half of Ice Cubes
--Large Pitcher
--Fresh Mint Leaves (optional)

Squeeze the juice out of all the limes into the pitcher. Add sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved (ff you need to put in a little hot water to dissolve the sugar, feel free). Dump a whole bunch of ice cubes into the pitcher. Fill the rest of the pitcher with water and stir until mixed. Adjust the sugar as desired. If you would like, pinch and roll a mint leaf between your fingers and drop it into the bottom of your glass before pouring the limeade.

No comments: