Sunday, May 3, 2009

Roasted Winter Vegetables

This is close to some of the recipes that Ben has been posting, but I wanted him to know that I have a vegetable recipe, too! 

I guess our definition of what constitutes a "winter" vegetable has changed over the years, as you will see that I have included peppers, which really grow in the summer garden.

Spray a shallow roasting pan with olive oil cooking spray. Peel and cut into similar sizes whichever of the following vegetables you want:

Potatoes
Onions
Carrots
Peppers, any color, or a nice variety
Turnips! (my only recipe containing turnips)
Parsnips, ditto
Anything else that you would like to add

Toss with a bit of olive oil, chopped garlic, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Bake at 375 for an hour, turning the vegetables over and around at the halfway point.

No comments: