Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cream Cheese Frosting

Most cream cheese frosting recipes that I have found start out by calling for a half cup of butter and a cup of cream cheese. For me, this just makes way too much frosting that is way too rich. I am still working on making the smallest amount of frosting possible, because I don't like it to be spread too thickly and I don't like frosting leftovers. 

1 tbl. butter
2 tbl. cream cheese
1/2 to 1 cup powdered sugar
Tiny pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Just enough milk to make the frosting the right consistency

I just whip the butter, cream cheese, salt, and vanilla together in the mixer bowl, then add enough powdered sugar to make it look right, alternating with small bits of milk. I wish I could be more exact for you, but that's the kind of cook that I am.

No comments: