Monday, April 27, 2009

Sugar Cookies

After my mom posted the recipe for Fruit Pizza, I asked her if she had a recipe for the sugar cookie crust. Neither of us could remember ever making sugar cookies when I was little (mom says she only made desserts with chocolate in them), so she didn't have a recipe. Later, I found a handwritten note card in my recipe box labeled "Sugar Cookies" (Who knew?!). I have no recollection of having ever made this particular recipe, let alone needing to write the recipe down. I must have at some point...so, for the heck of it, I present Sugar Cookies!

--1 cup Butter, softened
--1 cup Sugar
--1 Egg, beaten
--1 tbsp Milk
--3 cups Flour
--3/4 tsp Baking Powder
--1/4 tsp Salt
--Powdered Sugar
--Non-stick spray to grease cookie sheet

In a mixer on low speed, beat together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and milk. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then gradually add it to the mixer. When the dough is well mixed, divide it in half and wrap it in wax paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the dough (to a thickness of 1/4 inch) onto a surface coated with powdered sugar. Cut and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes.

No comments: